Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Warlick reflection

Upon reading the beginning of Warlick’s article, A Future Fiction, I immediately thought of Harry Potter’s marauder’s map indicating where each person is in Hogwarts but that may be due to my Potter on the brain. The politics and privacy issues will be challenged at first I am sure but hopefully most will realize the safety ramifications and also the importance of attendance on education. Much of the article seemed enchanting but to me what seems more magical is the enthusiasm of the students portrayed in this article than the technology. Upon reflection when students are truly engaged in their work especially when it involves new presentation technology they are excited about their work. What concerns me now and for the future is whether information will be lost as students become more enamored with the mode of communication rather than the information being disseminated.

Warlick, D. (2004) A Future Fiction. Library Media Connection. Retrieved May 26, 2005 from http://davidwarlick.com/ff_article/.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

wasn't that a fun article. I love when people have the gift to disguise facts and figures and make them look like prose. I felt like I was reading a story when I read Warlick's article. He obviously loves the craft of writing and I can appreciate that.